The Press Club of India organised an event where Ravish Kumar, NDTV India spoke on the fate of Journalists in the country and the rising number of Political Killings.The Press Club of India organised an event where Ravish Kumar, NDTV India spoke on the fate of Journalists in the country and the rising number of Political Killings.The recent murder of Senior Journalist Gauri Lankesh has evoked anger amongst some, while the others are criticising her supporters. It is equally important to hear the why and why not of condemning her death. In the recent years, we have seen a lot many murders like this. Key take aways from the live done by Jan Ki Baat on ‘Gauri Shankar Murder’ at the Press Club of India.
1. MM Kalburgi’s case could have been inquired well but it did not happen so.
2. Whether there is any party, the government is always against us. It can be seen from the examples of Maharashtra or Karnataka.
3. Gauri Lankesh’s last editorial was written on Fake News. It mentioned that whether we see Fake News as Delhi Centric but it has also created a buzz in the state media.
4. It is our defeat if we gather like this for obituaries.
5. I am feeling as if I am a living dead, people have shot me. My well wishers have written that you stop speaking alone otherwise they would soon be condemning my death.
6. We live in a society where women did not come in support of the girls who exposed Baba Ram Rahim.
7. Our society believes only in slogans like ‘Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao’. They don’t believe it in the real world.
8. There are debates being carried out to kills public ambush. Public questions are being neglected, silenced.
9. Take Gauri Lankesh’s editorials forward and show them to people to let them read and analyse what was her fault that she was murdered.Jan Ki Baat will keep you updated about any further proceedings on the issue.