Jan Ki Baat team covered the Queen’s XI, Women’s Cricket League in Gurugram, Haryana. An initiative to give recognition to the Women Cricketers.
1. Match was played on the grounds of Baliawas with a total of Eight teams taking part in the competition.
2. Chandigarh women’s Team won the Queen’s XI Cricket League by beating Sri Lanka.
3. The women’s team got special encouragement from Paralympic player, Deepa Malik.
4. The winning team ‘Chandigarh’ was honoured by Virendra Sehwag, Former Cricketer, Team India.
5. Virendra Sehwag gifted the prize money to the winning team and boosted the morale of the women cricketers.
6. “Wish you all the best for the next season.”- Virendra Sehwag.
7. “Corporate leaders organised the Women’s Cricket League to encourage women players. Women should be encouraged more in every field.” -Parvin, Captain Team Chandigarh.
8. “Apart from Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao, we decided why not let the Beti’s play. So I and my partner, Archana Gupta, decided to organize Queens XI, Women’s Cricket League.”- Tripti Somani, Founder of Queens XI, Women’s Cricket League.
9. It was a great step taken in order to support and motivate females in the field of Cricket.
Jan Ki Baat stands with every woman who decides to fight for her dignity.