Jan Ki Baat, since over a month has extensively covered the Gujarat Assembly elections, 2017. Our team of reporters, cameramen, content writers and social media managers have continuously endeavoured to bring forward to you the most accurate information regarding the elections. In the proccess, we have interacted with a sample space of over 50000 people, thereby making our opinion poll the Largest in India, on Gujarat Elections 2017. Our opinion poll has been continuously covered by RepublicTV, a major news and television network in India.
Republic Interacted with Jan Ki Baat’s Founder and CEO, Pradip Bhandari. Initially, he talked about the methodology used in our survey which was Geo-strategically selected units through purposive sampling and the interview technique used was Structured, face to face interviews (on and off camera).
Through the course of our opinion poll, we have covered over 25 districts and 150 constituencies. We have talked to citizens from various spectrums of the society and tried to understand their leanings, their issues and their concerns. During the course of our extensive coverage, there were some pertinent questions and people’s opinions on them.
Pradip then went on to share some key findings and outliers. Let us look at some of them:
- GST is no longer an effective poll plank as traders are positive about the Government’s intentions of hearing their problems, especially after the 23rd GST council meeting.
- The Patidar factor is not a complete truth. Only Kadva Patidars are against the BJP because of the violent protests in 2015. Leuva Patels are largely Pro – BJP. Hardik Patel is not a factor anywhere but
- The dalit dominated region Una, where BJP was expected to lose is actually going to the BJP.
- Alpesh Thakore, a poster boy in Congress is expected to face a tough fight in the seat of Radhanpur as he is widely believed to be an outsider.
- There is certainly some discontent, but it is not enough for the people in Gujarat to vote against the Prime Minister.
These were some of the key points discussed by Pradip on Republic TV. During the course of carrying out the Largest Opinion Poll, we became one of the most watched Social Media platforms for the Gujarat Elections. Our opinion poll has been picked up by other major media networks like News24, Navgujarat Samay among many others.