This independence day, PM Narendra Modi addressed the nation with a new energy. This year his key focus was on expanding the concept of a New India. The topic still seems ambiguous in terms that people have their own interpretations of the term. Talking of the term, the basic idea is to make the youth of the country more powerful, more resourceful.
On the occasion of 71st Independence Day of the nation, who can be better than the veteran army persons to talk about the issue. Jan KiBbaat went to defence Colony to ask the veterans about their idea of ‘New India’. They raised issues from health to sanitary, education to corruption and many more. The most talked off issues were-
Let us watch the video first:
They raised issues from health to sanitary, education to corruption and many more. The most talked off issues were-
- They raised the problem of cleanliness. There concern is despite of the schemes taken out by the government, people throw out waste out of their cars, homes. So, this needs to be tackled.
- A major concern was the lack of awareness among the people regarding different issues. Creating awareness should be one of the key things under the concept of ‘New India’.
- People want freedom from ‘Red Tapism’. They want the things to work out efficiently so that time and efficiency both are saved. They complained that bureaucracy kills the expertise.
- “There are different terms raised in rallies and movements but their meaning is not explained. People just go behind the crowd without getting the essence of what they are going for.
- A majority of them talked of removing Reservation system and that the right kid gets the chance.
- Also, they stated that the government should work on the fast implementation of policies. Merely creating policies won’t bring a change. There needs to be a proper implementation policy for the same.
- Also, there should be a focus on achieving quality education rather than increasing the number of colleges and schools. Until and unless people get a quality education, they would always suffer while job searching.